Wittenberg University Softball Head Coach Laura Matthews has announced that seven student-athletes will join the Tiger program in August 2014.
The new recruits join a team that finished 23-11 overall and 11-5 in the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) in 2014. The Tigers finished second in the league’s 2014 regular season standings and advanced to the championship game of the league tournament for a second consecutive season.
Wittenberg is expected to return 13 letterwinners to the roster in 2015. The Tigers are scheduled to open the 2015 campaign with a game at Transylvania on Feb. 28.
The new recruits are:
- Charlee Clark (Hilliard, Ohio/Davidson)
- Chelsea Zang (Cincinnati, Ohio/Seton)
- Sam Bausch (Cincinnati, Ohio/Turpin)
- Lindsey Bair (Delaware, Ohio/Hayes)
- Abby Haab (Dublin, Ohio/Jerome)
- Alexa Collins (Hudson, Ohio/Our Lady of Elms)
- Jenn Doerschuk (Streetsboro, Ohio/Kent Roosevelt)
“I am looking forward to welcoming this outstanding group of young women to the Wittenberg University community,” Matthews said. “I look forward to working with them to succeed both academically and athletically.”