From the inbox:
We appreciate having you as a member of the American Economic Association, and are disappointed that you have let your membership expire*. In an effort to understand how we can serve members better, could you please let us know your reasons for not renewing (you can just hit REPLY, and answer with the appropriate number):
*If you have already renewed your membership, please disregard this survey. Thank you!
1) I am no longer interested in following economics research
2) I have access to AEA journals online through my institution
3) I have retired
4) I joined primarily to be eligible to submit a paper proposal for the annual AEA meetings last year
5) I forgot to renew, but would like to continue my membership in the AEA
6) Other (if you have a moment, please elaborate)
Thank you for your participation, and best wishes.
I wanted to answer:
Instead I replied with #5.
6) I'm still very upset about some of the stuff that you publish in one of your journals that is anti-research.